Many people have a second property such as a cottage or a trailer that is permanently parked for use as a dwelling. These types of properties can be insured with a special type of insurance for seasonal use.

There are many types of insurance policies that provide coverage to your seasonal property. The best option for you may depend upon several factors including how often the property is visited and/or occupied, its age, and even where it’s located.


  • protect your contents while you are away
  • know what limits might be in effect on your policy
  • understand how your home insurance affects your second property
  • consider your property’s location regarding access, fire protection, age, and occupancy
  • make sure to learn about possible restrictions affecting your policy

Want to purchase a policy?