As a condominium unit owner, this type of insurance covers both your personal property as well as liability. Make sure to ask about coverage for any improvements you’ve made over and above your base unit.
Condominium owners have special insurance requirements that are different from homeowner’s insurance. In addition to protecting your personal property, these requirements include options for adding Improvements and Betterments Coverage, Contingent Coverage, Loss Assessment for Loss to Condominium Property Coverage, and Loss Assessment for Liability Coverage.
- speak with a broker who understands condo unit insurance
- deductible buy down options
- coverage for improvements you’ve made to your unit
- help you understand what’s included and what is not included
- discuss optional coverages that may be important for you to consider
- know your limits and what your master policy says